11.01.2008

a new 'hob'bies

get it?
i love this gerber daisy vase. reid & i went on a quick antique adventure on my lunch hour last week, and this photo sort of reminded me of all of the beautiful milk glass & fenton hobnail pieces that we found in the vendor booths. its a pretty modern design that would definitely work in my kitchen. maybe i'll start a collection?


Fenton Hobnail glass, dating from 1930, is decorated with a pattern of bumps. The term “hobnail” comes from the nails with thick heads that were used to secure and protect the soles of boots. Hobnail patterns can be seen on anything from dishes, candlesticks, lamps and vases.

1 comments:

emily 10/1/10, 1:10 PM  

I love these vases! I have started looking for some, too since I have seen so many in magazines and such lately blended in with the "new" for a really cool look.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP